301 E. Jackson Street
Douglas, Georgia 31533
The George McCranie Law Firm Scholarship
At the law firm of George McCranie we understand that obtaining an education is the pathway to success for youth. The George McCranie Law Firm understands the significant financial burdens associated with obtaining an education beyond high school, which is why we are pleased to announce that we will be awarding $1,000 college scholarship to the winner of our essay contest. By creating this award, we hope to help the next generation of students realize their educational and professional goals.
Criteria to Apply for the Scholarship:
- ✓ Be graduates of a Coffee, Valdosta, or Lowndes County High School.
- ✓ Be enrolled or planning to enroll at an accredited college.
- ✓ Submit a 500 word written essay or 10 minute video essay.
- ✓ Complete an application form.
- ✓ Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- ✓ Demonstrate skilled writing.
Citizenship, Character, and Serious-Mindedness
Strong applicants would:
- ✓ Demonstrate a desire to make a meaningful contribution to society both present and future.
- ✓ Be involved in a balance of community, school and work activities.
- ✓ Pursue goals and aspirations with integrity, resolution, self-discipline, and judgement.
- ✓ Demonstrate leadership characteristics and/or assumed leadership positions.
- ✓ Exhibit grit when faced with hardship.
Choose from one of the following:
- ✓ The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you? What did you learn from the experience? How did it make you stronger?
- ✓ There are 27 amendments to the constitution of the U.S. What should be the 28th?
- ✓ You have been elected President of the United States. Write your inauguration speech for us.
- ✓ How has your family history, culture, and environment influenced who you are?
Scholarship application must be completed and sent via U.S. Mail to The George McCranie Law Firm, 301 E. Jackson St. Douglas, Georgia 31533 or Email (email@example.com) by listed Schools Due Date of each year. Only 50 applications will be accepted from each school. Winners will be notified, by April 1st of each year, via U.S. Mail and Email. Scholarships will be awarded and Honors Day for each school system.
The George McCranie Law Firm Scholarship Application
The completed application along with all other required information (see instructions) must be received by,
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION: Two letters of recommendation from two other separate individuals must be included in your application packet. Letters of recommendation may not be written by the applicant, anyone under 21 years of age or anyone related to you or serving as your legal guardian. A phone number must be included for each person providing a recommendation.
Assemble your application packet in the following order:
- ✓ The George McCranie III Scholarship Application Form
- ✓ The Nominee’s Written or Video Essay
- ✓ Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- ✓ Original Official High School Transcript (Copies not accepted)
Application Due Date is,
Coffee County : April the 8th. 2016
Valdosta High School: April 15, 2016
Lowndes High School : April 6, 2016
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Please do not call the law firm asking for more information regarding the scholarship. If you need to contact us, please do so by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.