illegal immigrantMy girlfriend is 17 years old, and I am 20 years old. She’s from Mexico, and her family are from Mexico too. They are undocumented illegal immigrants. Her parents are trying to keep her from me. I want to know, she lives with me; can they really do anything about it without getting in trouble or deported themselves? Can they even do it at all?


The short answer to your question is – YES. They can report their child missing and they can bring charges against you for Interference with Custody etc. because the age of majority in Georgia is 18. Until she is 18, her parents are her legal guardians and can act to protect her. This includes calling 911 to report her missing or to report you for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Because they are undocumented in the U.S. does not prevent them from protecting their child. When she is 18 years old she can decide who she wants to date and where she wants to live. Until then, her parents are responsible for her and can act to protect her. I know this isn’t the answer you were looking for, but it is accurate under Georgia law.

– George McCranie